Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Clinton: 'That was my last race'

Clinton: 'That was my last race'
By Rebecca Savransky - 04-18-17 06:32 AM EDT

Hillary Clinton said that the 2016 presidential election was her "last race" after it became apparent she lost, a new book reveals.

The Hill's Amie Parnes and Sidewire's Jonathan Allen write in "Shattered: Inside Hillary Clinton's Doomed Campaign" that on the night of the 2016 election, Clinton looked through the draft of her concession speech.

"Look, I really just want to concede gracefully, wish him the best, thank everybody, and get off the stage," she said.

"This is not a moment for me to do more than that."

Chief strategist Jake Sullivan said: "Everything you said, we're going to do in the speech."

"But you have been saying for many months that he's temperamentally unfit and that he would be dangerous, and if you meant it, you should say it," he told her.

"And you made a case that all these people's rights and safety are in danger- if you meant that, you should say it."

But in response, Clinton said it wasn't her "job anymore to do this."

"Other people will criticize him. That's their job. I have done it. I just lost, and that is that," she continued.

"That was my last race."

No comments:

Post a Comment