Search This Blog

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Obama Hosts Vile Thugs To Discuss Criminal Justice Reform

January 2017 really can’t get here soon enough.

Other than Donald J. Trump, who, by his own admission, consults with the voices in his head, I doubt anybody could be a bigger laughing stock or disrespect and demean the office of the presidency more than the current Joker-in-Chief.

It’s not that Barack Obama hasn’t been a successful president. He has. He said he wanted to fundamentally transform us, as a nation. As a result, we’re weaker, militarily. Our debt has gone through the roof. He’s destroyed small businesses, ruined the healthcare system, strained relations with our allies, emboldened our enemies, set back race relations to pre-Civil Rights era levels, and has driven morality and decency over a cliff.

I’d say that’s change, though not much hope.

Now there is a report from the AP out that he has hosted a gaggle of “artists” in the White House, as part of a think tank on criminal justice reform, through the My Brother’s Keeper initiative.

Among those venerated guests were: Nicki Minaj, Common, Pusha T, DJ Khaled, Busta Rhymes, Ludacris, and J. Cole.

Not sure who these people are? I’ll give you a sample of some of the lyrical content put forth by Mr. Ludacris. It’s a charmer titled, “Stick ‘em Up.”

Hollow laid, hollow sprayed, I’m the hollow man
I get to my hollow point wit my hollow plan
Hollow bullets I pull it I’m about to live in vain
And then I drill em refill em make sure they feel the pain
It’s mighty strange how your peephole is my f*****g gauge
Catch you in concert and then wipe you off the f*****g stage
I feel a ghetto rage let’s turn the ghetto page
My b**ch will stick you wit ghetto metal stilleto thangs
And I got a ghetto aim with diamond ‘bezeled rangs
So while my index is working my pinky’s blinding thangs
I hit em at close range I spit em at most brains
You think you real rich ni**a we gonna make some chump change
You think it’s a f*****g game you think it’s a blood sport
You gasping for breath and I’m puffin on one of these Newports
And I see a red dot aimed at yo head
Then bright lights oh no po-po and guess what they said
They said

You get the picture, I’m sure.

Then of course, there’s the delicate flower, Miss Minaj, who epitomizes class and grandeur, and I can imagine, only added to the conversation at this round table meeting that also included Broderick Johnson, chair of the My Brother’s Keeper task force, and of course, Obama’s senior advisor, Valerie Jarrett.

Miss Minaj is the artist behind such classics as, “Higher Than a Kite”:

Murder dem Murder dem aust one word body a third of them’
Kick kick game can’t injure Nicki, that’s why they nick nick named me Ninja Nicki,
I’m such a yes, and your a no no,
Live with a dragon, and wear a Kimono,
I’m from the Philippines, badder than Billy Jean,
Is that why I get more head than a gulliten?
Lookin dumb truck, cause you bumbs suck,
Where da arm, where the fXXk is my nun-Chucks,
I’m in Tokyo with the CokekeyO, somebody sleepin in my bed like Nokio,
I’m gettin illa then, poppin a pill again,
I’m on the Island, and I’m lookin for Gillgan,
And where my timberland, O God I’m trembling,
Can’t find my keys, but I know I hear’em jingiling,
Your such a Marilyn, Monroe Manson,
I got some heroin, wanna go dancing?,
You at the door? ok
I’m bout to come now
Gettin numb now
Don’t let me come down
Sniffin on sum good blow
It’s like I’m sniffin on a temple
And I can’t come down now
Cause I’m a higher then, higher then, higher then a kite.

In an article from the Rolling Stone:

In December, Minaj said in an interview that Obama’s sympathetic view towards prisoners incarcerated for drug charges “melted my heart.” “I thought it was so important when he went to prisons and spoke to people who got 20 and 30 and 40 and 50 years for drugs.

Yes, I’m sure.

This isn’t the first time a president has had guests from the entertainment world to the White House, but if the goal is to use their celebrity as outreach to communities, better role models need to be acquired. In this case, the goal is criminal justice reform. What sense does it make to offer up role models who earn their living by promoting the behaviors that put people with less money and less access to good lawyers in prison?

From an ABCNews.com article:

So far, private investors including foundations and businesses have committed more than $500 million in grants and in-kind resources and $1 billion in financing through community banks, including investments in schools, mentoring programs, juvenile justice reforms and school redesign.

This is great, but again, as long as people like Ludacris and Nicki Minaj get paid by promoting criminal behavior, any initiative that they back will be a case of throwing good money after bad.

In a culture war, you don’t promote the very ones who play a part in destroying what is decent in society, if winning that war is your goal.

Then again, who said that was Obama’s goal?

 

The post Obama Hosts Vile Thugs To Discuss Criminal Justice Reformappeared first on RedState.


Read More Here

No comments:

Post a Comment