Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Director Lee Daniels: America A More Racist Country Since Obama Became President

Director Lee Daniels: America A More Racist Country Since Obama Became President

PIERS MORGAN: Lee, do you think that America is a more or less racist country since Barack Obama became president?

LEE DANIELS: Wow, that's a powerful question. I think that people are angry that he's president, and I think that they're showing their true colors. And I think that, you know, when Danny Strong wrote those words, "Any black man could be killed by any white man and get away with it," Trayvon Martin had not happened. I end the movie with hope. you know. He's walking down, and Obama's giving that famous speech, you know, and then I come out of my edit room and Trayvon Martin has happened. So, yeah, I think so. Sadly, I think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment