Search This Blog

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Romney: The campaign is about the country, not me - Washington Times

Romney: The campaign is about the country, not me - Washington Times

The Republican Party’s candidate for president said Sunday he isn’t interested in politics. Instead, Mitt Romney said he’s running to bring the nation back from the edge of a fiscal cliff, not to achieve the personal goal of occupying the Oval Office.

“I’m not really a guy that’s going for the next step in my political career. I don’t have a political career,” Mr. Romney said on CBS‘ “Face the Nation,” a rare appearance for the former Massachusetts governor on the Sunday political-talk-show circuit.

“I served as governor for four years. I spent my life in the private sector. The private sector is where I made my mark,” Mr. Romney said. “I’m in this race because I want to get America back on the right track. I don’t care about re-elections. I don’t care about the partisanship that goes on. I want to get America right. We’re at a critical crossroads in this country.”

No comments:

Post a Comment