Search This Blog

Monday, June 18, 2012

Green Pieces Of Paper Mean Nothing Unless You Can Buy Something With Them | CNSNews.com

Green Pieces Of Paper Mean Nothing Unless You Can Buy Something With Them | CNSNews.com

Let me preface this by saying that I really appreciate everybody's response to my weekly soapbox pieces, whether they be pro or con. I certainly don't expect everybody to agree with my opinion.

I rarely respond to the comments made unless I have, what I feel, is a very important and specific reason for doing so.

However, there were some comments made on the message board at my website on the soapbox article from last week that - although I'm sure were made in good faith by the reader who made them - I consider to be worthy of revisiting.

The comments I refer to state that America could not possibly run out of money as long as we continue to print it and that inflation is not a real danger for the American economy.

First of all, green pieces of paper mean nothing unless you can buy something with them and the American dollar has always been accepted as the world's standard trade currency, meaning that if a nation buys oil from Saudi Arabia they have to purchase dollars from us to pay the Saudis.

As we watch the fiscal turmoil in the European Economic Community and the direct and indirect effect it has on the rest the world's stock markets there is cause for major concern. And we have so far only seen the tip of the iceberg, the volatile and potentially catastrophic underbelly has not been exposed.

No comments:

Post a Comment