Search This Blog

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Republican Governor Has Turned State Around:Michigan Must Decide What to Do With an Unexpected Surplus - NYTimes.com

Over most of the past decade, budget deliberations in Michigan have taken on a glum and familiar monotony: What do we cut now?

Gov. Rick Snyder must decide what to do with the surplus in Michigan.Michigan has had an increase in revenue as well as in jobs.

But the state that experienced an economic downturn earlier, deeper and longer than most of the rest of the country has made an unlikely discovery as its officials closed out its latest financial books: Michigan has a $457 million surplus.

Even more surprising: Revenues, which had sunk or had been mostly flat for all but one year since 2000, have grown. Not a lot, but grown.


Link:Michigan Must Decide What to Do With an Unexpected Surplus - NYTimes.com

2 comments:

  1. I like the helpful information you provide in your articles. I will bookmark your weblog and check again here frequently. I am quite certain I will learn many new stuff right here! Best of luck for the next!
    Salomon Men's XA Pro 3D Ultra 2 GTX Trail Running Shoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m not sure where you are getting your information, but great topic. I needs to spend some time learning more or understanding more. Thanks for magnificent information I was looking for this information for my mission.
    !#: Sorel Women's Helen Of Tundra Boot... The Cheapest

    ReplyDelete