Search This Blog

Sunday, February 7, 2016

Trump: I 'very much agree' with Sanders on trade

Trump: I 'very much agree' with Sanders on trade
By Bradford Richardson - 02-07-16 09:33 AM EST

Republican presidential hopeful Donald Trump on Sunday said he and Democratic primary candidate Bernie Sanders "very much agree" on trade.

“Well it’s very interesting that you say that, because the one thing we very much agree on is trade,” Trump said on CNN’s “State of the Union.” “We both agree that we’re getting ripped off by China, by Japan, by Mexico, by everybody we do business with.”

Asked how he would differentiate himself with the Vermont senator to New Hampshire independents who may be torn, the billionaire businessman said he will actually be able to do something to correct trade imbalances.

“The difference is, I can do something about it. I’m going to renegotiate those trade deals and make them good – and, believe me, they’re going to be really good,” he said.

“Bernie can’t do anything about it, because it’s not his thing,” he added. “He won’t be able to do anything about it. I’ll create absolute gold out of those deals, whereas right now we’re losing tens of billions and even hundreds of billions of dollars.”

“I will create gold, and Bernie will just talk about how bad they are.”

No comments:

Post a Comment