Search This Blog

Friday, October 10, 2014

Chuck Todd: Alison Lundergan Grimes Has "Disqualified Herself"

Chuck Todd: Alison Lundergan Grimes Has "Disqualified Herself"

Please enable Javascript to watch this video

Host of NBC's Meet the Press Chuck Todd reacts to Democratic U.S. Senate candidate Alison Lundergan Grimes refusing to answer whether she voted for President Obama or not

JOE SCARBOROUGH: Respect the sanctity of the ballot box? Oh, my God. That's awful. Chuck, come on. I talked to Al last hour. Man, I had a guy, I had a guy I was running against do the same thing with Bill Clinton. So you don't support this, you don't support that, you don't support this, you don't support that. Did you even vote for Bill Clinton? Then he did the same stumbling, mumbling. People people aren't that stupid. How could Alison Lundergan Grimes -- I mean, what a rookie mistake. Just admit it and say, "He screwed up. I distanced myself from him. I regret my vote." Just anything, don't treat us like we're stupid. 

CHUCK TODD: The idea of -- I'm sorry even to say you regret your vote that would almost seem as disingenuous. But that is -- can Kentuckyians expect her to cast a tough vote on anything? Is she ever going to answer a tough question on anything? You want to be a U.S. Senator? If you can't say -- if you can't find a way to stand behind your party's president, you can disagree with him but can't answer that basic question and come across looking ridiculous. I think she disqualified herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment