Search This Blog

Friday, October 25, 2013

Sebelius: 'I Don't Work' for People Calling for My Resignation

LSebelius: 'I Don't Work' for People Calling for My Resignation

on Fri, 25 Oct 2013

At a press conference in Phoenix on Thursday, Secretary of Health and Human Services Kathleen Sebelius was asked whether she will resign in the wake of ObamaCare’s disastrous rollout. Her response:

My goal is to actually get the website up and running. The majority of people calling for me to resign I would say are people who I don’t work for and who do not want this program to work in the first place. I have had frequent conversations with the president and I have committed to him that my role is to get the program up and running and we will do just that.

A group of 33 House Republicans on Wednesday sent a letter to President Obama calling for Sebelius’ resignation.

“The scope of the problem is so great that, were this a private company or military command, the CEO or general would have been fired,” the letter states. “We are, therefore, calling on you to hold Secretary Sebelius accountable for the fiasco that is HealthCare.gov and ask for her resignation.”

No comments:

Post a Comment