Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Trump: Kaepernick should find another country


By Caitlin Yilek - 08-29-16 17:39 PM EDT

Donald Trump thinks San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick should leave the U.S. if he doesn't want to stand for the national anthem.

"I have followed it and I think it's personally not a good thing," Trump told "The Dori Monson Show," according to BuzzFeed News.

"I think it's a terrible thing, and you know, maybe he should find a country that works better for him, let him try, it's not gonna happen."

Kaepernick refused to stand with his team during the "Star Spangled Banner" before San Francisco's preseason game on Friday.

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," he said after the game.

"To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."

No comments:

Post a Comment