Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Dirty Harry Reid: GOP field a bunch of ‘losers'

Reid: GOP field a bunch of ‘losers'
By David McCabe - 04-15-15 08:46 AM EDT

Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) called the GOP presidential field “losers” and compared Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) to a “lump of coal” in a Wednesday interview.

Reid said he wasn’t worried that Hillary Clinton doesn’t have a significant challenger in the Democratic primary.

“I am not a big fan of primaries,” he said. “I don't think they help, especially when you're someone as noted as Hillary.”

He was less kind to the Republican contenders.

“I don't really care,” he said, when asked about the GOP field. “I think they're all losers."

Reid said McConnell, the Senate GOP leader, thinks coal is “the salvation of the world.”

Reid told  CNBC  that he wouldn’t criticize McConnell for sending a letter to governors saying that the Environmental Protection Agency’s climate regulations were illegal.

“I don’t criticize McConnell for doing that,” Reid said. “He comes from a coal state. I don’t mean to be mean spirited, but he is a lump of coal. He believes that coal is the salvation of the world. I don’t believe that.”

Reid, who will retire at the end of this Congress, also accused Sen. John McCain of having a bad temper, though he said the Arizona Republican gets over it.

“It wasn’t long ago he came to me on the Senate floor, and he said, ‘What you just did, I’m going to come to the floor and kick the s--- out of you,’” Reid said.

“And I said to him, ‘John, if I were in your position I would do the same thing.’”

No comments:

Post a Comment