Search This Blog

Sunday, March 13, 2016

Trump: 'I’m just a messenger’ for angry Americans


By Mark Hensch - 03-13-16 09:59 AM EDT

GOP presidential front-runner Donald Trump on Sunday rejected critics who say he inspires anger, instead saying he is "just a messenger."

"There are a lot of people who are angry in this country," he said on CNN's "State of the Union."

My supporters have tremendous love of this country, the billionaire continued. "They are tired of this country getting ripped off from everybody.

I think, in many cases, I do lower the temperature. I tell the police to take it easy. The police did a great job. The Secret Service is fantastic.

Trump then lashed out at fellow Republicans who argue he is creating uncontrollable tension among Americans.

My fellow Republicans are running against me, he said, citing GOP presidential primary rivals Sen. Marco Rubio (Fla.) and Gov. John Kasich (Ohio).

There s been nobody injured at my rallies zero, zero. You re making it sound like everybody s broken down and injured. Give me a break.

Trump also reiterated that Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders is responsible for some of the protesters at his events.

A lot of them come from Bernie Sanders, he said of the independent Vermont senator. "If he says no, he s a liar. I have a lot of friends who are liberal. These people are beyond liberal. They are bad people looking to do harm.

Trump cancelled a rally in Chicago on Friday evening amid worries of violence.

Multiple people have since been arrested in standoffs nationwide, with one man even rushing Trump during a speech in Ohio on Saturday.

Critics charge that Trump s bombastic rhetoric is fermenting national outrage that might soon turn dangerous. Trump has countered that his detractors are restricting free speech and trying to halt his campaign s momentum.

No comments:

Post a Comment